Health Benefits of Fruits
Nutritional value and calorie count play an Important role in deciding the health benefits of fruits. Almost all types of fruits are packed with vitamins and minerals which helps boost the immunity system and maintain the overall well-being. It is recommended that you eat them raw and fresh rather than in canned form or as juices.
Depending upon nutritional content and structure, they are classified as Melon Fruits, Citrus Fruits, Berry Fruits, Tropical Fruits, Fruit Vegetable and Tree Fruits.
Following are some of their health benefits:
- Fruits are well known sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are essential nutrients for optimal health.
- Some fruits contain 80-90% water which helps you stay hydrated.
- They are a rich source of fiber which aids digestion and prevents problems like gastritis and constipation.
- Regular consumption of fruits reduces the risk of heart diseases, cancer, diabetes, kidney stones etc.
- Fruits are Instant Energy Suppliers and are mostly recommended for weight loss programme.